Sunday, October 2, 2011

Finding a Podcast

So this past week, I spend a good amount of time attempting to find a podcast to use as an artifact for my group time capsule project.

The only time I have ever searched for a podcast before, I knew either the person who did it, or the name so opening up iTunes and searching by the name or title was easy.

This week, I just have a vague topic, and had to go from there. Google searches, and iTunes searches provided so many results, it was impossible to get through them all.

This week definitely taught me the importance of knowing just what you are looking forward in regards to a podcast. I had no idea how many were out there.

I can see how a podcast would be a great way to keep patrons and others updated on whats going on at the local library. There could be 'live' podcasts while events are happening, along with podcasts on specific topics of interest, perhaps if there is a specific display at an archives there could be a podcast filled with information from that display. There could also be a weekly podcast such as "interesting finds" that patrons could submit information they discovered while searching.

All of these would help increase accessibility and public awareness of the archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment