Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vimeo Video

For the video assignment this week, I uploaded and added some music and sound effects to a short clip of our 9 year old springer Jade. We were cooking spaghetti that night for dinner, and we had apparently dropped an uncooked piece on the floor. Jade is a bit of a piggy (if you couldn't tell from her physique) and came running to try and get it up. Because it was uncooked it was slippery and she had a bit of trouble getting it off the floor. But alas, Jade will always emerge victorious when it comes to food!

I used iMovie to add the music and other sound effects to this video, as I have a Mac, a free version of iMovie comes with the computer. I hadn't had to use iMovie for over a two years, so it took me a few minutes to get reacquainted with it, however I find it quite user friendly and easy to figure out. The hardest part for me was remembering how to get the video from iMovie, to my desktop, in order to upload to Vimeo. But this was maybe a 45 second problem.

The video of Jade can be found by clicking here.

I never thought about how youtube or vimeo could be used for archives until this assignment. But I feel it could be useful in multiple ways. Live tours of exhibits and other aspects of the archives could be posted to increase interested in the archives and to give patrons a 'sneak peak' of upcoming events. Also if special events were held, such as a guest speaker or cultural event, clips could be posted so those who were unable to attend could still experience it. This is another great way to make the archives accessible to all people, whether they are able to be there physically or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment